How To Install Pygame On Windows
Table of Contents
In this tutorial, we will learn how to install pygame on the window. It is a cross-platform Python module. Pygame is used in developing the video game for playing sound and computer graphics to design the best game in python.
First of make sure python is installed in your system. To check that python is installed on your system then open the command prompt and just type python. It the message shows python and version that means python is inatall on your system. If not then download python setup from here and install. The window looks like :
If already installed then, Here we are using command prompt for installation of pygame. Follow these steps to install pygame on windows.
Steps How to Install Pygame on Windows
- Open the Command prompt on your computer.
- Check whether the python is installed in your system or not, For that type python and press enter. If in the result some python information comes that means python is installed in your system. You are ready to go.
- Now type pip install pygame and press enter to download and install the pygame on your system.
- After some moments, Result will come that the Successfully installed pygame 1.9.6 which means pygame is successfully installed in your system and ready to use. As you can see in the below image.
pip install pygame
Steps to uninstall pygame on windows
- First, open the command prompt on your system.
- Type pip uninstall pygame and press enter to uninstall the pygame library from the system. After some moment, will ask for sure to uninstall the library then press the Y button and press enter then automatically pygame library uninstalled from your system.
- At last the message shows, Pygame is successfully uninstalled from your computer. As you can see in the below image.
pip uninstall pygame
How To Install Pygame On Windows System
In a python programming language, Pygame libraries are used in game programming for graphic and sound play module. So, here we will learn how to install pygame on your system by using the command prompt.
Total Time: 2 minutes
Open command prompt in your system.
Check python is install or not, to check type python. If the result gives some information of python that means python is install in your system. If result is an error then first install python setup.
Type pip install pygame in the command prompt and press enter to start downloading and installing pygame library in your system. At last, you see in the result of successfully installed pygame with their version.
Now you can use pygame library on any program by just importing the library. import pygame
Video Tutorial For How To Install Pygame On Windows.
FAQ For How to install pygame on window
What is the use of pygame?
In python programming, pygame is a cross-platform library used in the game programming for the graphical and sound playing module.
How to install pygame on window?
In python programming, pygame can be installed by using command prompt by just typing pip install pygame. After successfully install pygame you can easily use in any python program.
How to uninstall pygame from the system?
In python programming, libraries like pygame can be uninstall through command prompt.By just typing pip uninstall pygame and press enter to process, after some moment, the message shows to press Y if you are sure to uninstall pygame. then press Y to uninstall pygame from the system. At last message shows that the pygame is successfully uninstalled.
Learn More Python Programming Language
- Tkinter Python for GUI
- Strip in Python
- List method in Python
- Clear screen in the python console
- Sequence in Python
- Mod in python
- Fibonacci Series in Python
If you have any queries regarding pygame then ask on the comment section, I am happy to answer your question.